Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day Dos.

Day 1= Successful. I surprisingly didn't crave anything 'non-paleo' and wasn't too hungry throughout the day like I usually am. I label myself a "grazer". I don't sit down to eat meals often, rather I eat a little at a time, all day long.  Good and bad. I did get hungry late last night and had another half of a larabar (making that 1.5 total for the day, oops) but didn't feel too heartbroken about it.

Paleo forces you to plan. I am away from the house all day today, school and helping some good friends move, so I packed my bag with yummy options and made a quick stop at Whole Foods. (Planning to go back to WF tomorrow to stock up on what I'll need to make for next week- like I said, planning in advance is vital.. ugh.)

The parents association made "goody bags" for everyone at the Nursing school today. I use "goody bag" loosely. Theres nothing good about it for this girl today. Granted- SO many yummy things packed into a cute little bag, but nothing paleo (except for the water bottle and well... yum.) 

The oh so bad, goody bag. You can see my breakfast in the corner ;)

Today:
Breakfast: Medium apple and freshly ground almond butter from Whole Foods. 
(It was still warm when I got a chance to dig in!)

Lunch: Chicken Pho

Dinner: Shirataki noodles with a homemade lemon walnut pesto and Paleo pudding for dessert. 
YUM YUM YUM!
Shirataki noodles are not only soy free and gluten free, but also calorie free (imagine that!) They come from a plant and taste just like regular noodles. The only downside is they run about $2.50 a pack (which serves 1).

Pesto:
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup scallions
1 cup fresh parsley
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
Toss it in a food processor.. and wah lah!

Snacks: I found Rainforest Mix @ Whole Foods this morning too. Pleasantly surprised. Its an assortment of dried fruit pieces and banana chips (all made in coconut oil). Yumm! 

Low-sodium beef jerky

Cup of Chkn salad (from yesterday)

Workout: Headed to the gym after little bug goes to bed for an hour of cardio and free-weights. 


Day 2 has been pretty good, overall. A little more "snackier" than yesterday but still happily maintained paleo. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment